Cyprus Investment Programme
Subject to investment criteria, an investor and his family can obtain Cyprus passports. This is neither a residence permit nor a visa. A Cyprus passport offers full citizenship of Cyprus, an EU member state. Applications are examined within a very reasonable timeframe and the application process is strictly confidential.
- Free to live and work in the European Economic Area (EU, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Switzerland),
- Visa-free travel to 155+ countries worldwide, including all EU countries, Canada and Australia,
- Free movement of capital, services and goods in the EU,
- Free school and university tuition in many EU institutions,
- All family members can obtain a Cyprus passport, including dependent children under age 28,
- Citizenship does not lead to personal taxation in Cyprus,
- Multiple citizenship is permitted and the acquisition of citizenship in Cyprus is not reported to other countries,
- The investor may rent out his residence,
- Low government fees for the filing of the application,
- This is an investment - not a donation nor a contribution.
At least €2.0m investments held for 3 years post naturalization in any of the following (combinations permitted):
- Securities of substantial Cyprus companies or businesses not listed on public exchanges. These may be equity or debt securities,
- Real Estate, Land Development and Infrastructure Projects,
- Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) regulated by CySec, which invest in Cyprus underlying assets,
- Government (retail) bonds, subject to a €0.5m investment ceiling. These resemble certificates of deposit that are low yielding.
Purchase of a residence in Cyprus with a minimum cost of €0.5m excluding VAT. If qualified investments as per (1.) are made into residential units (i.e. houses or apartments), this requirement is not applicable.
Parents of the investor can now obtain the Cyprus Citizenship with an additional permanent residence of €500.000. It is noted the investor and his/her parents may collectively acquire a residence, provided that the total of this home – property is at least €1.000.000 plus VAT.
The applicant, prior to his/her naturalization as a Cypriot citizen must hold a residence permit in Cyprus. If the applicant does not already hold a residence permit, he/she may apply for an immigration permit simultaneously with the application for naturalization. Applicants must hold a clear criminal record from the country of origin and the country of residence (if different).